During the Summer of 2013, the Hillsborough Baseball League (HBL) will be fielding a 7U Travel Summer Team. Below highlights the goals of this team / program and the process involved in selecting the team.
IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE, THE PLAYERS NEEDS TO TURN 7 PRIOR TO 5/1/2013
1. PLAYER DEMONSTRATES FIELDING, CATCHING AND HITTING ABILITY
2. ABILITY AND DESIRE TO PLAY MULTIPLE GAMES IN ONE WEEKEND
3. YOU CAN CONSULT WITH YOUR REC TEAM MANAGER TO DETERMINE IF THEY FEEL THEY ARE READY
PLAYER SELECTION :
1. THE GOAL OF THIS EVALUATION IS NOT TO CUT ANY KIDS. WE WILL DISCUSS WITH FAMILY ANY PLAYER WHO THE EVALUATOR MAY THINK IS NOT READY AND COULD POTENTIALLY BE A SAFETY HAZARD
2. PLAYERS WILL BE RANKED IN ORDER FROM THE EVALUATION AND THIS WILL DETERMINE THE
NUMBER OF TOURNAMENTS THAT THEY PARTICIPATE IN.
Goals Of the Program:
To build on skills that will be learned during the 7U Sunday Program
To offer an enhanced level of play to those children looking for a more competitive level of baseball.
Please read the email regarding the 7U Sunday Program.
Highlights of Program:
All players who want to be considered would have to be registered and participate in Hillsborough July Baseball Program.
To participate on the tournament team you must attend a minimum of 50% of your HBL July Baseball Program team’s games.
All Kids registered for HBL July Baseball will be welcome to practice with this team. This would allow all players to have a more enhanced level of baseball as well.
Practices will be held once a week---End of May through End of July.
Team will enter two or three tournaments
The tournaments may be up to 1 Hour away
Tournaments could consist of multiple games in one day and up to 4-5 games across a weekend.
Both tournaments would be Coach Pitch or machine pitch (absolutely No Kid Pitch). The HBL July Baseball Program will introduce Kid pitch.
Fees will be approximately $100-$150.
In order to be considered for manager of a 2013 7U tournament team, an application must be submitted prior by April 21st. This deadline will be strictly adhered to. All applicants must be at the tryouts, submit evaluations of the players, and may be required to take part in an interview with the HBL Tournament Committee. The BOD will review all applications and choose a manager.